Technical Delivery Manager
Level-up your IT Career
In this role, you'll be reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer; your main responsibility will be to lead technology projects from conception through delivery and transition into BAU with a warm hand-off to our excellent Service Delivery Manager. Basically, you'll be the go-to person for our technical teams, providing technology thought leadership, project governance, and, at times, assisting with hands-on BAU activities.
We're looking for a critical thinker, someone who is keen to take charge and handle both big-picture strategy and hands-on action. You'll be the expert who keeps tabs on all the trends in on-premises and cloud infrastructure and spots opportunities for automation and innovation.
It's a real chance for an ambitious, technically strong & solutions-focused Technical Delivery Manager to jump on board and help to shape our evolving internal and customer estates. The role may also suit a cloud-focused engineer with leadership qualities who wants to take their next step.
TECHNICAL DELIVERY MANAGER
Discovery, Design and Delivery
Managing technical discovery for potential projects and or service improvements. Working against the clock to deliver proposed solution designs, obtaining assurance from our Technical Architect & ultimately being responsible for the delivery of the project and the project plan.
Working closely with the wider business, customers & suppliers to ensure the solutions we deliver meet business outcomes.
You will be responsible for driving efficiencies in our business processes and toolsets via automation, you will have proven experience in using tools and platforms such as Terraform, PowerShell, Power Automate & ITSM tools.
You will be an expert in key Microsoft technologies. Helping shape our service offerings which leverage Azure, Intune, 365 and many others.
Major Incident Management
It doesn’t happen often, but when it does, you’ll bring together infrastructure investigations for major incidents and work to resolve these with minimal downtime to our customers.
Skills that will set you apart
- Windows Server design, build, management, and maintenance in a multidomain environment.
- VMWare design, build, management, and maintenance.
- Azure landing zone design, build, management, and maintenance.
- Active Directory including AAD, GPOs & UAC & RBAC model creation.
Automation technologies Terraform, Powershell and Power Automate.
- Strong experience in hybrid cloud environments and modernising legacy infrastructure.
- Strong experience managing Intune policies and configuration, with the ability to troubleshoot autonomously.
- Experience of working in an environment aligning to ITIL best practice and focusing on the business impact & outcomes.
- Experience in delivering varied programmes of work and leading others who pick up small projects or workstreams within your programmes.
- Management and ongoing improvements of Office 365, security scores & feature development.
- A good understanding of cyber security principles and a security first approach to infrastructure design.
- Able to work with network switches & firewalls with the ability to troubleshoot autonomously.
- Microsoft Azure certifications ideally above AZ-104
- Windows Server
- Vendor Networking certification
- Formal project management certification
- ITIL v4
Does this sound like you?
Ability to lead and develop people
Tenacious, getting things done & holding people to account
Well-motivated, with a positive attitude
Well organised & able to work efficiently, to stick to tight deadlines